album | Cat:SBESTCD | Release: Dec 13 2010
- David E. Sugar – Fingers On The Button
- Dub Pistols – Ganja (NICE UP! refix)
- Robortom feat. Au Revoir Simone – Paganini Rocks
- dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Sick Tonight (Doctor P remix)
- Trenchman – Hacienda
- The Mount Cherries vs. Fear of Theydon – Disxotek Suixide
- Wish – Pater One
- Max Sedgley - Slowly (Hot Chip remix)
- dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Snob
- Daisy Daisy – Michelle Plays Ping Pong (Vicarious Bliss remix)
- David E. Sugar – Flea Market (Third Party remix)
- The Ghost – Something New
- Lemonade – Bliss Out (Frisvold & Lindbæk remix)
- Lucky Elephant – Call It The End (The Beginning)
Sunday Best: Increase The Peace, Vol. 4
It’s been a while since we unleashed one of our cut price ‘Increase the Peace’ digital compilations… crazy really as we’ve put out an incredible amount and range of great music during these past 11 months. But with this we have more than made up for it… 14 tracks for the ultra-bargain price of just £4.49!
With these 14 tracks we aim to give you a heady flavour of what we’ve been up to in 2010, alongside a little snapshot into years gone by with a few gems from our back catalogue, plus an exclusive track.
So there’s some hot-off-the-press bits like ‘Paganini Rocks’ by Robortom (AKA Rob da Bank & Tom Middleton) feat. Au Revoir Simone, ‘Fingers On The Button’ by David E. Sugar plus the first offering from David’s new side project Wish and the incredible ‘Pater One’. dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip appear twice with album beaut ‘Snob’ and the dubstep-dancefloor-destroyer that is the Doctor P remix of ‘Sick Tonight’. Dub Pistols and Rodney P rolled up a fat one earlier this year with ‘Ganja’ but this skanking NICE UP refix is exclusive to this comp. 2010′s delights also featured include ‘Something New’ by the Faroe Islands’ The Ghost and ‘Hacienda’ by the mysterious Trenchman.
But ignore at your peril the gems from previous years featured here… the mighty Hot Chip pop up with their remix of Max Sedgley’s ‘Slowly’, Ed Banger’s Vicarious Bliss created one of our favourite ever remixes for Daisy Daisy’s ‘Michelle Plays Ping Pong’ (check how it builds into a low slung bass monster!), the Frisvold & Lindbæk remix of Lemonade’s ‘Bliss Out’ is just sublime and Fear of Theydon’s collaboration with The Mount Cherries shows why his debut album for us in 2011 is one to keep a watchful eye out for. Oh and it all ends with one of our favourite cuts from the Lucky Elephant album. Watch out for new material from them in 2011 too… mmmm.